Tuesday, January 21, 2014

How to share?

The purpose of starting this blog is to give me a place where I can share interesting articles and information that I often find in various placed on the internet. This blog will give me the opportunity to collect  and share really good articles that I read and have challenged me or something that may help others. Other blogs, magazine articles, Facebook links, and even Pintrest links.

My child didn't come with a manual. That is a funny statement but so many time I wish they did. I have two daughters that are unique and require that I treat them differently to meet their needs. There are some things that are common to the two of them and this article captures some of the similarities in both of them. Over Christmas break my oldest daughter invited me to watch a movie with her friends on evening. May not sound real special but to me it was! When my 21 year old daughter wants me to share some time with her and her friends, that is something I could not say no too. I hope this article challenges you like it did me.

Top Ten Mistakes Christian Parents of Teens Make

2 comments:

  1. No parent will ever be sorry for the time spent with kids!! Mine are at the age where they are moving out, and that is hard! I've loved every minute of time we were together. Homeschooling for years was a gift from God, then having the 2 younger ones at CCA when I started teaching there (they were then in 7th and 10th grades) was still such a joy. Then all those evenings here at home listening to them jam or just talking with them (throw your TV out the window!!! Or at least have no ability to watch anything but DVD's).Never having TV was the smartest decision we ever made). And kids are each so different! That's why there's no such thing as a perfect parent; what works for one kid won't work for the next one! Loved the Top 10 Mistakes article. I think the most important factor in raising kids is that you live the life you want them to live. Act how you want them to act. Say what you want them to day. Do what you want them to do. You are the 24/7 model of what you want them to be. They are watching like little hawks! Thank you, Mr. Thompson. And I want to add that I'm thankful for the help the teachers at CCA gave in likewise being role models and guides for my kids. The more models, the merrier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, You better recount the years of marriage-20 with a 21 year old daughter? Do you have some explaining to do?

    ReplyDelete